Great Rhythm Brewing Company - Portsmouth, NH
Position: Packaging Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Founded in 2012, Great Rhythm Brewing Company specializes in producing flavorfully hoppy beer. In August of 2016 the company opened the doors to its new state-of-the-art brewing facility and open concept tasting room, located on the picturesque North Mill Pond in downtown Portsmouth, NH.
Where You Come In
Great Rhythm Brewing Company is growing and currently seeking a full-time Packaging Operator to join our team. The Packaging Operator will be responsible for all aspects of beer packaging, warehousing, and shipping/receiving, as well as cellar duties as trained. This position requires a great deal of flexibility and training in every aspect of packaging, warehouse operations and logistics, and facility maintenance. The qualified candidate will have prior experience working in a production brewery as a packaging operator, a demonstrated understanding of the brewing, fermentation, and cellaring processes, and have a strong interest in developing their beer packaging skills.
Position Responsibilities (Packaging):
- Learn, understand and execute packaging operations according to standard operating procedures
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of SOPs as they relate to packaging operations
- Keep and maintain packaging records
- CIP canning line and kegging equipment
- Operate and maintain all packaging equipment
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems with packaging equipment
- Train new canning line and kegging personnel in proper machine operation and safety procedures
- Recognize low fills and improperly filled/packaged product
- Organize inventory of finished beer, bulk cans, cardboard, can ends, labels, and all other packaging supplies
- Keep and maintain raw material records for bulk cans, cardboard, can ends, labels, and all other packaging suppliers.
- Create and maintain a plan for equipment P.M.s to provide customers with a superior product while maintaining efficiency at or above goals.
- Ensure department maintains Great Rhythm Brewing Company’s commitment to a consistent and quality product.
- Other duties as needed or assigned
Position Responsibilities (Cellar):
- Monitor fermentation by reading and logging gravities, pH, yeast cell density, and temperature of beer daily
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of SOPs as they relate to cellar operations
- CIP fermenters and brite tanks
- Maintain and evaluate cleanliness and functionality of all gaskets, valves and tank fittings
- Aseptically transfer beer to brite tanks and aseptically transfer yeast to fermenters
- Perform assessment of fermenting beer for appropriate processing, including but not limited to dry hopping, crashing tanks and removing yeast
- Maintain a sanitary environment, which includes but not limited to cleaning floors, walls, tanks, and other brewing equipment
- Train new personnel in proper equipment operation
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- Operate a forklift (will train)
- Enthusiastically attend brewery related events and represent brewery appropriately
- Assist in staff sensory training
- Experience in either a production brewery or brewpub with demonstrated understanding of the process of packaging beer and equipment involved
- Basic lab skills with understanding of QA and QC tests and best practices
- Attention to detail and safety
- Able to work in a team environment
- Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Be self-motivated
- Passess mechanical aptitude
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently without loss of attention to quality
- Flexible schedule both hours of availability and days of week
- Must be able to repeatedly stretch, kneel, bend, twist, push, pull, stand, walk for duration of the shift, lift 55+ pounds
- Work in hot, cold, wet, humid, and sometimes moderately loud environments
What’s In It for You?
- Work in a fun and creative environment with other passionate people
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Most importantly perhaps FREE beer!
Qualified, interested and dynamic individuals should please submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.